A Better Way to Mortgage
Local experts. Better rates.
We are committed to offering mortgage loans that have great rates, transparent pricing, and a fast and easy process – resulting in a better experience for our clients. You could save thousands on your mortgage.
My loan closed in two weeks which helped make my offer stand out. My agent said they’ve never seen someone close so fast and be so helpful.
The staff at Upwell are professional, efficient, and always looking out for their client’s best interest. Five stars and my very highest endorsement.
Mortgage loans with nothing to hide.
We put everything on the table
- You’re encouraged to compare rates from local lenders.
Our real mortgage rates are posted upfront – no bait and switch.
- Local relationships with real humans means we’re accountable.
- There are no surprises in our fine print, ever.
We operate differently so you save
- Our lean organizational structure keeps costs down.
- Tech is there when you need it, and boosts efficiency.
- You’ll get the same fair rates from all our loan officers.
Focused on serving Washington and Oregon, we know the local market.
We deliver a higher level of service
All our mortgage loan officers average more than 15 years of experience.
- Our pre-approvals are rock solid.
- You’ll receive status updates from application to closing.
Post-closing, we’ll monitor your loan for the best rates.
It Starts With You
Upwell is founded on the belief that price and convenience shouldn’t come at the expense of dedicated service. We’re raising the industry bar by insisting that you can have it all. The advantages of leading-edge innovation, and the power of human relationships. This bright vision is fueled by the passion of our founders and built on decades of experience. We are committed to providing you with the best customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to common questions about mortgage loans.
Purchasing a home can seem overwhelming, with so many options and industry jargon. Take a few minutes to understand the various types of home loans so you can move forward with confidence. Our mortgage rates calculator will provide you with rates and loan types for your situation.
- Fixed Loans: A Fixed loan has an interest rate that does not change for the duration of the loan, so your mortgage principal and interest payments stay the same. Fixed loans typically come in terms of 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, 25 years, or 30 years.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) loans: There are numerous types of ARM loans, with the most popular having a fixed term for a specified number of years (such as 5, 7, or 10 years) and can then be adjusted each year thereafter, up or down based on an index.
- FHA Loans: These are mortgages guaranteed by the Federal Housing Administration. The required down payments are smaller with these loans.
- VA Loans: These loans make it easier for veterans of the U.S. armed forces, and sometimes their spouses, to buy homes. They don’t require a down payment and are guaranteed by the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Jumbo Loans: Jumbo refers to a mortgage that’s too big for the Federal Government to purchase or guarantee. The current limit is defined by the county where the property is located.
Mortgage rates are driven by movements in the financial markets around the world. When the economy is going strong, bond prices drop, and rates increase. Conversely, when the economy retreats, interest rates will tend to fall.
View current mortgage rates for fixed-rate, FHA, and Jumbo mortgages and get custom rates.
To determine how much house you can afford, many experts agree that people should spend no more than 28 percent of their gross monthly income on housing expenses and no more than 36 percent on total debt — that includes housing as well as things like student loans, car expenses, and credit card payments.
There are many types of home loans offering different terms and rates, some requiring lower down payments than others. Use this simple mortgage loan calculator to find out what your payments would be and help determine the maximum home price you feel comfortable with.
Typically, if you’ve never owned a home, you are considered a first-time home buyer. Additionally, if you have not owned a primary residence for the last three years, you may still be considered a first-time home buyer. There is maximum financing and flexibility for first time homebuyers, with as little as 3% down. FHA loans are very popular for first-time buyers due to low down payment requirements of 3.5%.
Pre-approval allows you to get pre-approved for a specific loan amount prior to finding the home you want to purchase. The loan documents are reviewed, and the lender commits to a specific loan amount. A strong pre-approval can provide an advantage if someone else is interested in the same home simultaneously.
Drop us your details online or call us (425-748-9990) to get an accurate pre-approval right away. With your loan pre-approved, you can shop for a home knowing you’re ready to make a rock solid purchase offer.
Eddie, Susanna and the entire team at Upwell Mortgage made what I was sure was going to be a complicated loan process go through so smoothly. They stayed in constant communication and always made sure I knew what was coming next. Any decisions I had to make were explained in... read more
My wife and I refinanced our home with Eddie and his team and it could not have been better. They kept us informed, made it easy and on our time schedule. They dealt quickly with any issues that came up. We always felt they were working on our behalf. ... read more
I found out about Upwell and Jeff from co-workers. Their rates were competitive and outside of big banks (= slower closing and worse service) cannot be beat - trust me, I tried 😀. Service was impeccable. I had a misfortune of closing during a very volatile 2 weeks for mortgage... read more
Jeff and team guided us through our first-time buying experience. He spent over 45 minutes on the phone with me during the initial consult, thoughtfully answering all my questions and explaining the loan process in detail. The loan process was online, we were able to e-sign everything from their secure... read more
Jeff Bell and the entire team at Upwell are incredibly dedicated professionals who helped us navigate an extremely complex lending environment with great skill and and resourcefulness. I was so appreciative of their responsiveness, honesty and expert guidance throughout the entire mortgage process. I would recommend Upwell to anyone seeking... read more
I worked with Upwell Mortgage to purchase my first home, and wow--what an awesome experience, every step of the way. Being a first-time homebuyer, I had a million questions. Jeff, Chad, and Gretchen were super patient with me and took the time to fully explain everything, helping me feel so... read more
Jeff and his team at Upwell did a fantastic job recently with our house refinance. They were responsive when needed, which at times included the weekends, creative in their advice for our situation and ensured a relatively pain-free and quick refinance. I would not hesitate to recommend Upwell... read more